Returns & Exchanges
FREE shipping on all US purchase & rental orders
Free Sizing Exchanges
Up to 2 FREE sizing exchanges are included with each order
FREE return shipping if you are unsatisfied with your order
At CAPGOWN the cornerstone of our business philosophy is genuine customer satisfaction. With the uncertainty posed by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to share our return policy
We are extending our guaranteed return policy for all regalia purchases in the event that your graduation ceremony is canceled. Please inform us anytime before your graduation date and we will refund your purchase in full once we receive the regalia. Please note, the regalia must not be worn and the cost of the return package is to be covered by you.
If you are a rental customer and your university elects not to hold a commencement ceremony, you can cancel your order up to three weeks prior to the original date of the commencement. Once we receive the cancelation request, we will refund your credit card.
We provide FREE sizing exchanges!*
For size exchanges, CAPGOWN will ship the exchange item(s) and include a free return label to return the item(s) back. Each order is allowed up to two exchanges with free shipping.
Instructions to exchange your regalia
Step 1. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of your exchange with the reason for the return. We will provide a return label (if applicable) as well as additional instructions if needed.
Step 2. Pack up the item in a box and use the return label provided or ship via your preferred ship company with a tracking number (such as USPS, UPS or FEDEX). Items must be sent to:
2630 Humboldt St
Los Angeles, CA 90031
*Up to 2 free exchanges only
- For exchanges that are not related to sizing, such as ordering the wrong school regalia, CAPGOWN will send the new item free of charge, but the customer is responsible for shipping the item back to us. Please feel free to use the cheapest form of delivery when sending the item(s) back.
- No exchanges after ceremony date identified on your order.
Your order comes with a "Satisfaction Guaranteed" return policy! We handle returns with the ultimate objective of making our customers happy. We stand behind our regalia and want our customers to be satisfied with their purchase.
Returns for Purchased Regalia
Any purchased item may be returned for a full refund, provided it is returned:
- Within 30* days after the delivery date
- If delivery is within 30 days, no less than two days before your school's graduation date*.
*The date of refund is established by the postmark.
It can take up to 15 days for an item to reach us once you return it. Once the item is received at our fulfillment center, it takes 3 business days for the refund to be processed and 3-5 business days for the refund amount to show up in your account. You will receive an email notification once your return has been processed for a refund.
CAPGOWN will pay for the return shipping if you're not satisfied with our regalia. We will email you a free return shipping label that you can use to return the item(s).
- Canadian and International orders are not eligible for free return shipping labels.
- Customers are responsible for shipping costs if you decide to return regalia because you are not graduating or going into academia.
- If your original purchase received a multiple-unit discount, the discount may be rescinded if the return brings the purchase count below the required number for discount pricing.
- If your regalia is modified based on your fitted specification by our tailors, it is not eligible for returns. However, we will do our best to adjust the fitted regalia. If any modifications were made to the regalia by tailors other than CAPGOWN tailors, it cannot be exchanged or returned.
Returns for Rental Regalia
- Rental regalia is not eligible for return for refund once shipped
- Rental regalia must be canceled prior to the regalia being shipped (rental regalia is usually shipped three weeks prior to graduation date)
Instructions to return your purchased regalia
Step 1. Please contact email@example.com to inform us of your return with the reason for the return. We will provide a return label as well as additional instructions if needed.
Step 2. Pack up the item in a box and use the return label provided. Items must be sent to:
2630 Humboldt St
Los Angeles, CA 90031
If you have additional questions about returns or exchanges, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.