Doctoral Regalia Set
All our ceremonial gowns meet the University of Pennsylvania specifications registered with the Intercollegiate Bureau of Academic Costume. The body of the gown is made of the high-quality blue and red crepe. The sleeve chevrons and front panels are made with plush blue velvet. Bell sleeves are used, in the doctoral gown tradition. A full-length zipper in the front and two side pockets are also included.
The body of the hood is constructed black crepe and plush, royal blue velvet, which denotes the Ph.D. The hood is lined with luminous red and blue satin, signifying Penn academic color.
The eight-sided tam is made of our finest blue plush velvet, which is recognized worldwide as the industry standard. A silk tassel is included with the tam. A luminous gold bullion tassel can be included for an additional $20.
Gown: Polyester Crepe | Plush Velvet
Hood: Polyester Crepe | Satin | Plush Velvet Tam: Plush Velvet
- Our gowns meet the Penn specifications registered with the Intercollegiate Bureau of Academic Costume. Bell sleeves in the doctoral gown tradition
- Hood has royal blue velvet trim denoting the Ph.D. degree. Lined with luminous red and blue satin signifying Penn.
- 8-sided doctoral tam includes silk tassel. Upgrade to a gold bullion tassel can be purchased for an additional $20
- Includes a heavy garment bag and carrying case for free.
- Ceremonial Attire, Inc. (capgown.com) is an independent company and is not affiliated with, nor sponsored by, any university.