All our ceremonial gowns meet the Michigan specifications registered with the Intercollegiate Bureau of Academic Costume. The body of the gown is made of the highest quality light blue polyester crepe. The sleeve chevrons and front panels are made with plush black velvet and finished with gold piping. Bell sleeves are used, in the doctoral gown tradition. A full-length zipper in the front and two side pockets are also included.
The body of the hood is constructed black polyester crepe and plush, royal blue velvet, which denotes the Ph.D. The hood is lined with luminous satin in blue and gold, signifying the University of Michigan’s colors. The entire hood is finished with gold satin trim.
The eight-sided tam is made of our finest black plush velvet, which is recognized worldwide as the industry standard. A silk tassel is included with the tam. A luminous gold bullion tassel can be included for an additional $20.
Gown: Polyester Crepe | Plush Velvet
Hood: Polyester Crepe | Satin | Plush Velvet Tam: Plush Velvet
- Our gowns meet the UM specifications registered with the Intercollegiate Bureau of Academic Costume. Bell sleeves in the doctoral gown tradition.
- Hood has royal blue velvet trim denoting the Ph.D. degree. Lined with luminous maize and blue satin signifying UM.
- 8-sided doctoral tam includes silk tassel. Upgrade to a gold bullion tassel can be purchased for an additional $20
- A heavy garment bag and carrying case included for free!
- Michigan Bookstore Price: $918
- Is your size out of stock?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your requested regalia size.
- Ceremonial Attire, Inc. (capgown.com) is an independent company and is not affiliated with, nor sponsored by, any university.
The regalia shipped incredibly quickly, and came well-packaged. The quality of the items is amazing--I didn't really know how exciting trying this on would be, because I'm not a big pomp and circumstance person, and I didn't walk at my own PhD commencement because it was during COVID 2020. But I wanted to look fly at graduation for my graduating seniors, and now I wish I had even more occasions to wear these than once a year. They somehow look flattering(????), they're incredibly well made, and feel very regal. Also, the robe has POCKETS.
This is high quality, substantial regalia, for half the price as the bookstore's offering. I was a little concerned as the photo on the website is a bit brighter/lighter than the official color for Michigan, but in person, it's a near-exact match. It's really a beautiful set. I love that the gown has pockets, too!
SOOO Nice Affordable
These gowns are great quality for a great price!! They are made with nice and thick material and they have pockets! They came really fast and were packaged well. I have big curly hair and the medium cap fit perfectly.