Terms and Conditions of Use
CAPGOWN CONDITIONS OF USE
If you don’t agree with the new Terms, you are free to reject them; unfortunately, that means you will no longer be able to use the Site. If you use the site in any way after a change to the Terms is effective, that means you agree to all of the changes.
The text, graphics, user interfaces, photographs, logos, arrangement, computer code, and all other material on the Site (collectively, “Content”) are copyrights, trademarks, trade names or other intellectual property are protected by intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws and are owned, controlled or licensed by or to CAPGOWN or by or to other parties.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE
Your use of the Site is subject to the following additional restrictions:
You represent, warrant, and agree that you will not contribute any Content or User Submission (as defined below) or otherwise use the Site or interact with the Site in a manner that:
- Infringes or violates the intellectual property rights or any other rights of anyone else (including CAPGOWN);
- Violates any law or regulation, including any applicable export control laws;
- Is harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise objectionable;
- Jeopardizes the security of your account or anyone else’s (such as allowing someone else to log in to the Site as you);
- Attempts, in any manner, to obtain the password, account, or other security information from any other user;
- Violates the security of any computer network, or cracks any passwords or security encryption codes;
- Runs Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Site, or any processes that run or are activated while you are not logged into the Site, or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of the Site (including by placing an unreasonable load on the Site’ infrastructure);
- “Crawls,” “scrapes,” or “spiders” any page, data, or portion of or relating to the Site, User Submissions or Content (through use of manual or automated means);
- Copies or stores any significant portion of the User Submission or Content;
- Decompiles, reverse engineers, or otherwise attempts to obtain the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to the Site.
A violation of any of the foregoing is grounds for termination of your right to use or access the Site.
You may not use the Site (a) to transmit, distribute, store or destroy material in violation of any applicable law or regulation; (b) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others; or (c) to transmit, distribute or store material that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful. The Site may not be used for any illegal purpose or in any manner that would subject CAPGOWN or any of the Site’s users to liability.
You may not use any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) or any similar or equivalent manual process, to navigate the Site, other than the search engine and search agent available from CAPGOWN on the Site and other than generally commercially available third party web browsers.
You may not attempt to gain any unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Site, or any other systems or networks connected to the Site or to any CAPGOWN server, or to any of the services offered on or through the Site, by hacking, password “mining” or any other illegitimate means.
You may not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Site or any network connected to the Site, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Site or any network connected to the site. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to the Site, or any other customer of CAPGOWN, including any CAPGOWN account not owned by you, or exploit the Site or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Site, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information.
You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Site, or CAPGOWN’s systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Site.
You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any transaction being conducted on the Site, or with any other person’s use of the Site.
You may not disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send to CAPGOWN on or through the Site. You may not pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity. CAPGOWN reserves the right to do any of the following, at any time, without notice: (a) to modify, suspend or terminate operation of or access to the Services, or any portion of the Services, (b) to modify or change the Services or any portion of the Services, and any applicable policies or terms; (c) to interrupt the operation of the Services, or any portion of the Services, as necessary.
SUBMISSIONS TO CAPGOWN
If you post, upload or make anything available to the Site, or otherwise submit anything to CAPGOWN in connection with your use of the Site, (collectively a “User Submission”), you hereby grant to CAPGOWN a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable worldwide license under all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and other intellectual property rights you own or control to use, reproduce, transmit, display, exhibit, distribute, comment on, modify, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise exploit such Content and your name, image, voice, likeness and/or other biographical information or material in connection with that Content in all media formats, without further notice to you, with or without attribution, without limitation as to frequency, and without the requirement of permission from or payment to you or other person or entity. You waive any right to inspect or approve any such Content or any use of such Content.
You are responsible for all User Submissions you contribute, in any manner, to the Site, and you represent and warrant you have all rights necessary to do so, in the manner in which you contribute it.
You may have heard of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”), as it relates to online service providers, like CAPGOWN, being asked to remove material that allegedly violates someone’s copyright. We respect others’ intellectual property rights, and we reserve the right to delete or disable Content alleged to be infringing, and to terminate the accounts of repeat alleged infringers; to review our complete Copyright Dispute Policy and learn how to report potentially infringing content, view our Copyright Dispute Policy at the bottom of the page.
RENTALS AND PURCHASES; OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
CAPGOWN may make changes to any products or services offered on the Site, or to the applicable prices for any such products or services, at any time, without notice. The materials on the Site with respect to the products and services may be out of date, and CAPGOWN makes no commitment to update the materials on the Site with respect to such products or services.
Each of these policies may be changed from time to time and are effective immediately upon posting such changes on the Site.
ACCOUNTS, PASSWORDS & SECURITY
Certain features or services offered on or through the Site may require you to open an Account. You promise to provide us with accurate, complete, and updated registration information about yourself. You may not transfer your account to anyone else without our prior written permission.
You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the information pertaining to your account, including your password. You agree to notify CAPGOWN immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password, or any other breach of security. You may be held liable for losses incurred by CAPGOWN or any other user of the Site due to someone else using your CAPGOWN user name, password or account as a result of your failing to keep your account information secure and confidential.
By using the Site, you acknowledge and agree that Internet transmissions are never completely private or secure. You understand that any message or information you send to the Site may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission (for example, credit card information) is encrypted.
INTERACTIONS WITH THIRD PARTIES
You may be able to interact with other users through the Site. Any information or content publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Site (“Third Party Content”) is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Third Party Content originated, and you access all such Third Party Content at your own risk. We aren’t liable for any errors or omissions in Third Party Content or for any damages or loss you might suffer in connection with it. We cannot control and have no duty to take any action regarding how you may interpret and use such Third Party Content or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to Third Party Content, and you hereby release us from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Third Party Content through the Site. We can’t guarantee the identity of any users with whom you interact in using the Site and are not responsible for which users gain access to the Site .
LINKS TO OTHERS SITES
The Site may contain links to other independent third-party websites ("Linked Sites"). These Linked Sites are provided solely as a convenience to our visitors. Such Linked Sites are not under CAPGOWN’s control, and CAPGOWN is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of such Linked Sites, including any information or materials contained on such Linked Sites. You will need to make your own independent judgment regarding your interaction with these Linked Sites.
CAPGOWN is also free to terminate (or suspend access to) your use of the Site or your account, for any reason in our discretion, including your breach of these Terms. CAPGOWN has the sole right to decide whether you are in violation of any of the restrictions set forth in these Terms.
Provisions that, by their nature, should survive termination of these Terms shall survive termination. By way of example, all of the following will survive termination: any obligation you have to pay us or indemnify us, any limitations on our liability, any terms regarding ownership or intellectual property rights, and terms regarding disputes between us.
The Site, and its contents, and any products or services purchased or offered through the Site are delivered on an “as-is” and “as available” basis only, without any warranties of any nature. CAPGOWN makes no express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements of any kind, or as to the operation of this site or the information, content, materials or products included on this site. You expressly agree that your use of the site is at your sole risk. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, CAPGOWN DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CAPGOWN DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE, ITS SERVERS OR EMAIL SENT FROM THE SITE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, CAPGOWN WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF CAPGOWN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
CAPGOWN DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND/OR CAPGOWN SERVICES. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ANY LINKED SITES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST CAPGOWN FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE SITE OR ANY SUCH CONTENT.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
You agree to indemnify and hold CAPGOWN, its officers, directors, shareholders, successors in interest, employees, agents and subsidiaries and affiliates, harmless from any demands, loss, liability, claims or expenses (including attorney fees), made against CAPGOWN by any third party due to or arising out of or in connection with (a) your use of the Site (including any actions taken by a third party using your account), and (b) your violation of these Terms.
You may not assign, delegate or transfer these Terms or your rights or obligations hereunder, or your CAPGWON account, in any way (by operation of law or otherwise) without CAPGOWN’s prior written consent. We may transfer, assign, or delegate these Terms and our rights and obligations without consent.
GOVERNING LAW; DISPUTE RESOLUTION
SMS/MMS MOBILE MESSAGE MARKETING PROGRAM, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. User Opt In: The Program allows Users to receive SMS/MMS mobile messages by affirmatively opting into the Program, such as through online or application-based enrollment forms. Regardless of the opt-in method you utilized to join the Program, you agree that this Agreement applies to your participation in the Program. By participating in the Program, you agree to receive autodialed or prerecorded marketing mobile messages at the phone number associated with your opt-in, and you understand that consent is not required to make any purchase from Us. While you consent to receive messages sent using an autodialer, the foregoing shall not be interpreted to suggest or imply that any or all of Our mobile messages are sent using an automatic telephone dialing system (“ATDS” or “autodialer”). Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.
2. User Opt Out: If you do not wish to continue participating in the Program or no longer agree to this Agreement, you agree to reply STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or QUIT to any mobile message from Us in order to opt out of the Program. You may receive an additional mobile message confirming your decision to opt out. You understand and agree that the foregoing options are the only reasonable methods of opting out. You acknowledge that our text message platform may not recognize and respond to unsubscribe requests that alter, change, or modify the STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT keyword commands, such as the use of different spellings or the addition of other words or phrases to the command, and agree that CAPGOWN and its service providers will have no liability for failing to honor such requests. You also understand and agree that any other method of opting out, including, but not limited to, texting words other than those set forth above or verbally requesting one of our employees to remove you from our list, is not a reasonable means of opting out.
3. Program Description: Without limiting the scope of the Program, users that opt into the Program can expect to receive messages concerning the marketing, promotion, payment, delivery and sale of [Describe company’s goods/service offerings - this should be broad and general to encompass any type of message you may send. Messages outside of this scope may not be allowed under the TCPA]. Messages may include checkout reminders.
4. Cost and Frequency: Message and data rates may apply. You agree to receive messages periodically at Our discretion. Daily, weekly, and monthly message frequency will vary. The Program involves recurring mobile messages, and additional mobile messages may be sent periodically based on your interaction with Us.
5. Support Instructions: For support regarding the Program, text “HELP” to the number you received messages from or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the use of this email address is not an acceptable method of opting out of the program. Opt outs must be submitted in accordance with the procedures set forth above.
6. MMS Disclosure: The Program will send SMS TMs (terminating messages) if your mobile device does not support MMS messaging.
7. Our Disclaimer of Warranty: The Program is offered on an "as-is" basis and may not be available in all areas at all times and may not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other changes made by your wireless carrier. We will not be liable for any delays or failures in the receipt of any mobile messages connected with this Program. Delivery of mobile messages is subject to effective transmission from your wireless service provider/network operator and is outside of Our control. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered mobile messages.
8. Participant Requirements: You must have a wireless device of your own, capable of two-way messaging, be using a participating wireless carrier, and be a wireless service subscriber with text messaging service. Not all cellular phone providers carry the necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions.
9. Age Restriction: You may not use or engage with the Platform if you are under thirteen (13) years of age. If you use or engage with the Platform and are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) years of age, you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to do so. By using or engaging with the Platform, you acknowledge and agree that you are not under the age of thirteen (13) years, are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) and have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to use or engage with the Platform, or are of adult age in your jurisdiction. By using or engaging with the Platform, you also acknowledge and agree that you are permitted by your jurisdiction’s Applicable Law to use and/or engage with the Platform.
10. Prohibited Content: You acknowledge and agree to not send any prohibited content over the Platform. Prohibited content includes: - Any fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, scandalous, threatening, harassing, or stalking activity; - Objectionable content, including profanity, obscenity, lasciviousness, violence, bigotry, hatred, and discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; - Pirated computer programs, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other harmful code; - Any product, service, or promotion that is unlawful where such product, service, or promotion thereof is received; - Any content that implicates and/or references personal health information that is protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) or the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (“HITEC” Act); and - Any other content that is prohibited by Applicable Law in the jurisdiction from which the message is sent.
11. Dispute Resolution: In the event that there is a dispute, claim, or controversy between you and Us, or between you and Stodge Inc. d/b/a Postscript or any other third-party service provider acting on Our behalf to transmit the mobile messages within the scope of the Program, arising out of or relating to federal or state statutory claims, common law claims, this Agreement, or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, such dispute, claim, or controversy will be, to the fullest extent permitted by law, determined by arbitration in Los Angeles, California before one arbitrator. The parties agree to submit the dispute to binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) then in effect. Except as otherwise provided herein, the arbitrator shall apply the substantive laws of the Federal Judicial Circuit in which CAPGOWN’s principle place of business is located, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. Within ten (10) calendar days after the arbitration demand is served upon a party, the parties must jointly select an arbitrator with at least five years’ experience in that capacity and who has knowledge of and experience with the subject matter of the dispute. If the parties do not agree on an arbitrator within ten (10) calendar days, a party may petition the AAA to appoint an arbitrator, who must satisfy the same experience requirement. In the event of a dispute, the arbitrator shall decide the enforceability and interpretation of this arbitration agreement in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”). The parties also agree that the AAA’s rules governing Emergency Measures of Protection shall apply in lieu of seeking emergency injunctive relief from a court. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding, and no party shall have rights of appeal except for those provided in section 10 of the FAA. Each party shall bear its share of the fees paid for the arbitrator and the administration of the arbitration; however, the arbitrator shall have the power to order one party to pay all or any portion of such fees as part of a well-reasoned decision. The parties agree that the arbitrator shall have the authority to award attorneys’ fees only to the extent expressly authorized by statute or contract. The arbitrator shall have no authority to award punitive damages and each party hereby waives any right to seek or recover punitive damages with respect to any dispute resolved by arbitration. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN AN INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY VIA ARBITRATION AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ARBITRATION PROCEEDING. Further, unless both parties agree otherwise in a signed writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. Except as may be required by law, neither a party nor the arbitrator may disclose the existence, content, or results of any arbitration without the prior written consent of both parties, unless to protect or pursue a legal right. If any term or provision of this Section is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Section or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. If for any reason a dispute proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, the parties hereby waive any right to a jury trial. This arbitration provision shall survive any cancellation or termination of your agreement to participate in any of our Programs.
12. Florida Law: We endeavor to comply with the Florida Telemarketing Act and the Florida Do Not Call Act as applicable to Florida residents. For purposes of compliance, you agree that we may assume that you are a Florida resident if, at the time of opt-in to Program, (1) your shipping address, as provided is located in Florida or (2) the area code for the phone number used to opt-into the Program is a Florida area code. You agree that the requirements of the Florida Telemarketing Act and the Florida Do Not Call Act do not apply to you, and you shall not assert that you are a Florida resident, if you do not meet either of these criteria or, in the alternative, do not affirmatively advise us in writing that you are a Florida resident by sending written notice to us. Insofar as you are a Florida resident, you agree that mobile messages sent by Us in direct response to mobile messages or requests from You (including but are not limited to response to Keywords, opt-in, help or stop requests and shipping notifications) shall not constitute a “telephonic sales call” or “commercial telephone solicitation phone call” for purposes of Florida Statutes Section 501 (including but not limited to sections 501.059 and 501.616), to the extent the law is otherwise relevant and applicable.
13. Miscellaneous: You warrant and represent to Us that you have all necessary rights, power, and authority to agree to these Terms and perform your obligations hereunder, and nothing contained in this Agreement or in the performance of such obligations will place you in breach of any other contract or obligation. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein will not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. Any new features, changes, updates or improvements of the Program shall be subject to this Agreement unless explicitly stated otherwise in writing. We reserve the right to change this Agreement from time to time. Any updates to this Agreement shall be communicated to you. You acknowledge your responsibility to review this Agreement from time to time and to be aware of any such changes. By continuing to participate in the Program after any such changes, you accept this Agreement, as modified.
SECTION 1 - WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
Text marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send text messages about our store, new products, and other updates. Updates include Checkout Reminders. Webhooks will be used to trigger the Checkout Reminders messaging system.
SMS/MMS MOBILE MESSAGE MARKETING PROGRAMING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Program allows Users to receive SMS/MMS mobile messages by opting into the Program, such as through online or application-based subscription forms. Your consent to receive automated marketing text messages is not required as a condition of purchasing any goods or services. Regardless of the opt-in method you used to join the Program, you agree that this Agreement applies to your participation in the Program. If you have opted in, the Program provides updates, alerts, information, promotions, specials, and other marketing offers (e.g., product discounts) from Ceremonial Attire, Inc. via text messages through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided. SMS/MMS mobile messages may be sent using an automated telephone dialing system or other technology. Message frequency varies. You are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message and data rates may apply.
If you do not wish to continue participating in the Program or no longer agree to this Agreement, you agree to reply STOP to any mobile message from Us in order to opt-out of the Program. You may receive an additional mobile message confirming your decision to opt-out. You understand and agree that the preceding options are the only reasonable methods of opting out. You also understand and agree that any other method of opting out, including, but not limited to, texting words other than those set forth above or verbally requesting one of our employees to remove you from our list, is not a reasonable means of opting out.
For any questions please text "HELP" to the number you received the messages from. You can also contact us for more information. If you wish to opt-out please follow the procedures above.
We may change any telephone number we use to operate the Program at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP or HELP requests, you send to a telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honoring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Program are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. You agree to maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date information with us related to your receipt of messages, including, without limitation, notifying us immediately if you change your mobile number.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us harmless from any third-party claims, liability, damages, or costs arising from your use of the Program or from you providing us with a phone number that is not your own. If at any time you intend to stop using the mobile telephone number that has been used to subscribe to the Program, including canceling your service plan or selling or transferring the phone number to another party, you agree that you will complete the Opt-Out process set forth above prior to ending your use of the mobile telephone number. You understand and agree that your agreement to do so is a required part of these terms and conditions. You further agree that, if you change your telephone number without notifying Us of such change, you agree that you will be responsible for all costs (including attorneys’ fees) and liabilities incurred by Us, or any party that assists in the delivery of the SMS/MMS mobile messages, as a result of claims brought by individual(s) who are later assigned that mobile telephone number. This duty and agreement shall survive any cancellation or termination of your agreement to participate in any of our Programs.
You agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Program, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service. You may not use or engage with the Platform if you are under thirteen (13) years of age. If you use or engage with the Platform and are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) years of age, you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to do so. By using or engaging with the Platform, you acknowledge and agree that you are not under the age of thirteen (13) years, are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18), and have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to use or engage with the Platform, or are of adult age in your jurisdiction. By using or engaging with the Platform, you also acknowledge and agree that you are permitted by your jurisdiction’s Applicable Law to use and/or engage with the Platform.