Doctoral Regalia Set
The body of the gown is made with the highest quality black and red polyester crepe. Its open-front style is in accordance to Stanford’s official design. The inside of the sleeves are lined with rich, lustrous satin identifying department program with black ties. Each collar is emblazoned with the different Stanford school emblems.
The body of the hood is constructed of black crepe. It is trimmed with luminous cardinal satin identifying Stanford. Colored velvet matching sleeves denotes the program, provides an elegant look and soft feel.
The eight-sided cap is made of our finest black plush velvet, which is recognized worldwide as the industry standard. A silk tassel is included with the cap. A gold bullion tassel can be included for an additional $20.
School of Engineering (Orange)
School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences (Golden Yellow)
School of Humanities & Sciences
* Arts, Humanities, Sociology (White)
* Economics (Orange)
* Physics, Biology, Chemistry (Golden Yellow)
* Communication, Journalism, Theology (Crimson)
Graduate School of Business - Business, Accounting, Commerce (Drab)
Graduate School of Education (Light Blue)
Law School (Purple)
School of Medicine (Kelly Green)
Gown: Polyester Crepe | Satin
Hood: Polyester Crepe | Satin | Plush Velvet Cap: Plush Velvet
- Open-front gown, in accordance with Stanford’s design. Colored sleeves signifying program, and school emblem on each collar.
- Hood trimmed with luminous cardinal red satin signifying Stanford. Colored velvet strip matching program sleeves color. All hoods are 4 feet long per regulation.
- Tam includes Silk Tassel. (Gold Bullion Tassel can be purchased for an additional $20)
- Difference vs classic style: distinct school crest and update hoods
- Stanford Bookstore Price: $934.12
- Is your size out of stock?
- Send us an email at Support@capgown.com
- Please include your requested regalia size.
*Ceremonial Attire, Inc. (capgown.com) is an independent company and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, nor licensed by any university.
I was not able to use the free sizing exchange offered
The regalia is nice, but I needed a smaller size. Even though I am 5’ 7’’ and ordered a M, it is too big in the shoulders and I needed to size down, but the customer service rep told me that I could not exchange it because they are out of stock. When I asked if I could exchange it after they got more in stock, they said no. So I am stuck with a suboptimal size, which is a bummer given how expensive this garment is.
This is great
I tried it on and I think it Is great.
Good product but exchanges are not guarenteed
The received product seems to be of good quality. However, when I tried to exchange for a smaller size, they said they were out of stock. When I asked if I could exchange after they get more in stock, they said I could not do that either because that would be too far in the future. So keep in mind that the free exchanges are not guaranteed, which is a bit disappointing given how expensive of an item this is.
Thanks for your feedback. Our customer care rep made a mistake about this exchange. He will reach out to work with you on the timing.
First rate customer service
This is a gift for our son. His graduation was virtual, a year ago, so he has not worn it. In fact we did not open the box. However, I can say that the customer service we received to date was first rate.
It is a Christmas gift