Our eight-sided tam is made of our finest black plush velvet, which is recognized worldwide as the industry standard. A yellow silk tassel is included with the tam. A gold bullion tassel can be included for an additional $20.
What is the difference between the silk and the gold bullion tassels?
First the similarities: The silk and gold bullion tassels are identically shaped (you can see the bulbous shape in the pictures), and both are produced from fine material. The gold bullion tassel has greater shine and is hand-made, therefore it is more expensive.
The choice of which tassel to select is a personal preference. Some prefer the silk, some like the metallic gold bullion. Silk tassel comes standard on all tams.
Tam: Plush Velvet
- Eight-sided doctoral graduation tam made with 100% plush black velvet
- Three sizes available, each tam has an adjustable velcro on the back
- Doctoral/PhD graduates often wear tams instead of mortarboard caps
- All tams have attached tassels. The silk tassel included for $80
- Gold bullion tassel can be purchased for an additional $20