Doctoral Regalia Set
All our ceremonial gowns meet the University of Pennsylvania specifications registered with the Intercollegiate Bureau of Academic Costume. The body of the gown is made of the high-quality blue and red crepe. The sleeve chevrons and front panels are made with plush blue velvet. Bell sleeves are used, in the doctoral gown tradition. A full-length zipper in the front and two side pockets are also included.
The body of the hood is constructed black crepe and plush, royal blue velvet, which denotes the Ph.D. The hood is lined with luminous red and blue satin, signifying Penn academic color.
The eight-sided tam is made of our finest blue plush velvet, which is recognized worldwide as the industry standard. A silk tassel is included with the tam. A luminous gold bullion tassel can be included for an additional $20.
Gown: Polyester Crepe | Plush Velvet
Hood: Polyester Crepe | Satin | Plush Velvet Tam: Plush Velvet
- Our gowns meet the Penn specifications registered with the Intercollegiate Bureau of Academic Costume. Bell sleeves in the doctoral gown tradition
- Hood has royal blue velvet trim denoting the Ph.D. degree. Lined with luminous red and blue satin signifying Penn.
- 8-sided doctoral tam includes silk tassel. Upgrade to a gold bullion tassel can be purchased for an additional $20
- Includes a heavy garment bag and carrying case for free.
- Is your size out of stock?
- Send us an email at email@example.com
- Please include your requested regalia size.
I enjoyed wearing my regalia. Because of the pandemic, there is no commencement ceremony for me to attend. However, the regalia remained comfortably in place during my photography session, and it looks fantastic!
I needed to get my academic regalia "out of season" for an installation ceremony I was participating in. It arrived quickly and was exactly what I needed!