Doctoral Regalia Set
All our ceremonial gowns meet the Yale specifications registered with the Intercollegiate Bureau of Academic Costume. The body of the gown is made of the high-quality blue crepe. The sleeve chevrons and front panels are made with plush black velvet. Bell sleeves are used, in the doctoral gown tradition. A full-length zipper in the front and two side pockets are also included.
The body of the hood is constructed black crepe and plush, royal blue velvet, which denotes the Ph.D. The hood is lined with luminous blue satin, signifying Yale University academic color.
The eight-sided tam is made of our finest black plush velvet, which is recognized worldwide as the industry standard. A silk tassel is included with the tam. A luminous gold bullion tassel can be included for an additional $20.
Gown: Polyester Crepe | Plush Velvet
Hood: Polyester Crepe | Satin | Plush Velvet Tam: Plush Velvet
- Our gowns meet the Yale specifications registered with the Intercollegiate Bureau of Academic Costume. Bell sleeves in the doctoral gown tradition.
- Hood has royal blue velvet trim denoting the Ph.D. degree. Lined with luminous blue satin signifying Yale.
- 8-sided doctoral tam includes silk tassel. Upgrade to a gold bullion tassel can be purchased for an additional $20
- Includes a heavy garment bag and carrying case for free.
- Yale Bookstore Price: $990
I love the quality and feel of my cap and gown. Just as good as other high end companies. I’m picky about these things but this is a really excellent product.
The regalia look great and are very well-made and comfortable (and have pockets!). More importantly, the customer service was fantastic. My questions before ordering were answered clearly and quickly, and my order arrived quickly. Then, when I realized that I had ordered the wrong size and asked about options, Capgown had a new gown in the right size expedited to me immediately with a return label, no questions asked. I recommend Capgown with absolutely no reservations.