Doctoral Regalia Set
All our ceremonial gowns meet the University of Washington specifications registered with the Intercollegiate Bureau of Academic Costume. The body of the gown is made of the high-quality purple crepe. The sleeve chevrons and front panels are made with plush purple velvet and finished with gold piping. Bell sleeves are used, in the doctoral gown tradition. A full-length zipper in the front and two side pockets are also included.
The body of the hood is constructed with purple crepe and plush, purple velvet. The hood is lined with luminous purple and gold satin, signifying the University of Washington academic color.
The eight-sided tam is made of our finest purple plush velvet, which is recognized worldwide as the industry standard. A silk tassel is included with the tam. A luminous gold bullion tassel can be included for an additional $20.
Gown: Polyester Crepe | Plush Velvet
Hood: Polyester Crepe | Satin | Plush Velvet Tam: Plush Velvet
- Our gowns meet the University of Washington specifications registered with the Intercollegiate Bureau of Academic Costume. Bell sleeves in the doctoral gown tradition.
- Hood has purple velvet trim denoting the Ph.D. degree. Lined with luminous purple and gold satin signifying the University of Washington.
- 8-sided doctoral tam includes silk tassel. Upgrade to a gold bullion tassel can be purchased for an additional $20
- Includes a carrying case for free.
- Is your size out of stock?
- Send us an email at Support@capgown.com
- Please include your requested size regalia.
- Ceremonial Attire, Inc. (capgown.com) is an independent company and is not affiliated with, nor sponsored by, any university.
My regalia is beautiful! It was shipped so fast too!
great, flexible fit, decent quality
One of the reasons I chose CapGown was that the fit is based purely on height. The fit is designed to work with a range of body shapes, which is exactly what I was hoping for and need. The seams are not particularly visible and I do not have loose pieces of thread hanging out and waiting to get pulled. The materials are decent quality and overall, for a mass-produced item, I am pleased with it so far (though I have NOT owned it long enough to comment on its longevity)
I love this so much
I have never had my proper robes with the right colors. I waited so many (15!) years but finally ordered. I wish I had gotten them earlier because they make me really happy. I love that the robe has pockets!!!! Also the the little button on the inside for the hood is awesome (it means I don't need to wear a button down shirt under the robe). [I bougth the University of Washington full set]