All our ceremonial gowns meet the Minnesota specifications registered with the Intercollegiate Bureau of Academic Costume. The body of the gown is made of the highest quality maroon polyester crepe. The sleeve chevrons and front panels are made with plush black velvet and finished with gold piping. The gown has four chevrons on the sleeve signify the Presidents status. Bell sleeves are used, in the doctoral gown tradition. A full-length zipper in the front and two side pockets are also included.
The body of the hood is constructed of black polyester crepe and plush, royal blue velvet, which denotes the Ph.D. The hood is lined with luminous gold and maroon satin, signifying the University of Minnesota’s colors. The entire hood is finished with gold satin trim.
The eight-sided cap is made of our finest black plush velvet, which is recognized worldwide as the industry standard. A silk tassel is included with the cap. A gold bullion tassel can be included for an additional $20.
Gown: Polyester Crepe | Plush Velvet
Hood: Polyester Crepe | Satin | Plush Velvet Cap: Plush Velvet
- Custom Presidential Regalia
- Bell sleeves with Four Stripes in the Presidential Gown tradition (pictures not available)
- Hood has royal blue velvet trim denotes the Ph.D. Lined with luminous gold and maroon satin.
- Cap includes silk tassel, gold bullion tassel can be purchased for an additional $20
- Ceremonial Attire, Inc. (Capgown.com) is an independent company and is not affiliated with, nor sponsored by, any university.