All our ceremonial gowns meet the Michigan specifications registered with the Intercollegiate Bureau of Academic Costume. The body of the gown is made of the highest quality light blue polyester crepe. The sleeve chevrons and front panels are made with plush black velvet and finished with gold piping. Bell sleeves are used, in the doctoral gown tradition. A full-length zipper in the front and two side pockets are also included.
The body of the hood is constructed black polyester crepe and plush, royal blue velvet, which denotes the Ph.D. The hood is lined with luminous satin in blue and gold, signifying the University of Michigan’s colors. The entire hood is finished with gold satin trim.
The eight-sided cap is made of our finest black plush velvet, which is recognized worldwide as the industry standard. A silk tassel is included with the cap. A luminous gold bullion tassel can be included for an additional $20.
Gown: Polyester Crepe | Plush Velvet
Hood: Polyester Crepe | Satin | Plush Velvet Cap: Plush Velvet
- Allow 4-6 weeks
- Our gowns meet the UM specifications registered with the Intercollegiate Bureau of Academic Costume. Bell sleeves in the doctoral gown tradition
- Hood has royal blue velvet trim denotes the Ph.D. Lined with luminous maize and blue satin.
- Cap includes silk tassel, gold bullion tassel can be purchased for an additional $20
- Includes heavy garment bag for free.
- Ceremonial Attire, Inc. (Capgown.com) is an independent company and is not affiliated with, nor sponsored by any university.