The body of the hood is constructed of black and red polyester crepe. The hood is trimmed with luminous satin in the color that signifies the department. Deep blue velvet, which denotes the Ph.D., while subtle, provides an elegant look and soft feel.
In addition to the blue hood trim that signifies the achievement of a Ph.D. (Philosophy Doctorate), Stanford hoods have another set of trims based on the field of study. The table below shows the trim colors and corresponding degree fields.
|Trim Color||Field of Study|
|White||Humanities, Arts, Sociology|
|Golden Yellow||Science, Mathematics|
|Dark blue||Philosophy, Political Science|
Model wearing Orange hood for the Engineering Department.
Hood: Polyester Crepe | Satin | Plush Velvet
- Keep a Hood as a remembrance and save $15
- Made with the highest quality black and red polyester crepe
- Trimmed with luminous satin in the color that signifies the department
- Deep blue velvet denotes the Ph.D.
- NOTE: The rental keepers are only for customers who have rented the regalia and have chosen to keep it.