The body of the gown is made with the highest quality black and red polyester crepe. Its open-front style is in accordance to Stanford’s official design. The inside of the sleeves are lined with rich, lustrous satin with black ties. Each collar is emblazoned with the Stanford emblem.
The body of the hood is constructed of black and red polyester crepe. It is trimmed with luminous satin in the color that signifies the department. Deep blue velvet, which denotes the PhD, while subtle, provides an elegant look and soft feel. Model wearing hood for the Engineering Department.
The eight-sided cap is made of our finest black plush velvet, which is recognized worldwide as the industry standard. A silk tassel is included with the cap. A gold bullion tassel can be included for an additional $20.
Gown: Polyester Crepe | Satin
Hood: Polyester Crepe | Satin | Plush Velvet Cap: Plush Velvet
- Classic Design Regalia Set
- Open-front gown, in accordance with Stanford’s Traditional design. An emblem on each collar, and colored sleeves signifying program.
- Hood trimmed with luminous satin in the color that signifies program. Deep blue velvet strip on hood denotes the Ph.D. degree. 4 feet long per regulation.
- Tam includes Silk Tassel. (Gold Bullion Tassel can be purchased for an additional $20)
- NOTE: Mostly worn by graduates prior to 2018. In 2018, Stanford updated their regalia with a specific school crest for each school and an updated hood. CLICK HERE for new version of regalia set.
*Ceremonial Attire, Inc. (capgown.com) is an independent company and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, nor licensed by, any university.
Farbod was super responsive and caring. He helped me out with an ordering snafu. Caps, gowns, and hoods are all extremely high quality.
I waited over 20 years from getting my PhD to finally buy my regalia. Looking forward now to graduations. The outfit is beautiful and well-made and was delivered in very good packaging very quickly.
My regalia came in the mail quickly. It is great quality but half the price. My cap was too small, and so I emailed to get a larger size. They responded right away, made the process very easy, and I had the new cap quickly.
This was a truly fantastic customer service experience. Because of the tight timeline on my end we were in several email exchanges and I was so grateful for the way Cap Gown folks kept me up-to-date on where my stuff was, when I could expect it, and they helped me minimize delays. I’d highly recommend.
I received so many comments when I worn my regalia Cap Gown. I felt very proud to wear it.